Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mayberry Workshop on the Go

I can't believe that it is almost August!  Where does the time go?  Not to mention, I didn't post ONE post last week, how did that happen?!?  Well today's post should make up for that!

I got together with some of my scrappy friends last night and I wanted to share with you one of the layouts that I created.  So, CTMH has a product called, Workshops on the Go.  These kits are fabulous! Included in the kit you receive; a L2 paper pack, an exclusive stamp set, coordinating embellishments, and an instructional brochure. 


Included in the WOTG & some of the artwork you can create following instructions included!

One thing that I love about the WOTG kits is that it gives you a starting point.  I always like to add my own twist to things and am not always so good at following directions.  So I take the WOTG, use it as a guide and add a little "Sarah" twist to it!  I had so much fun creating this layout using the Mayberry WOTG, I definitely can say one reason it was so fun was the event that I was scrapping!  Berry picking with the sweetest girls I know!  Not sure who had more fun; the Momma's or the Babes! 


Left side of the layout; Click on photo to view larger

Right Side of the layout, stay tuned for the flip flap surprise! All photos were taken by Kelly Meyers Photography.

With the WOTG, the instructions show you how to create a two-page layout.  I created the two-page layout (with some minor changes) and then I cut the right side layout in half, making it two 6 x 12 pieces.  Next, I added one of my FAVORITE products, Flip Flaps, to expand my layout from two pages to four!  Flip Flaps are great for photo overload or even for hiding journaling or photos you want included in your layout but not as a focal point.

Flip Flap on left side of page open.

Flip Flap on the right side of page

Flip Flap on right side of page open, that blank spot on top is patiently waiting for my journaling!

Full layout underneath the Flip Flaps, you can see a portion of the Flip Flaps on either side of the layout.

Now all I have left to finish is the journaling, I do need to get better at that! But when I'm at a crop it is easier for me to focus on my layouts and add the journaling, later...


If you can't wait to get your hands on any of the products seen here, hop on over to my website!  Just a side note, all of the WOTG's that are featured on my shopping site, are only available for purchase until July 31st.  So, grab them before they are GONE!
 
Happy Scrapping!

No comments: